DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing an updated strategic plan.
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization.
- Foster effective teamwork between the Board and the CEO and between the CEO and staff.
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization, along with the Board Chair and Board members.
- Represent the organization at community activities to enhance CO.LAB’s presence and influence in the community.
Operational Planning and Management
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the CO.LAB’s strategic direction.
- Ensure that the operation of CO.LAB meets the expectations of its clients, Board and Funders.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operations.
- Ensure privacy/confidentiality is maintained with regard to donors, staff and the entrepreneurs.
- Provide support to the Board by preparing meeting agenda and supporting materials.
Program Planning and Management
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of CO.LAB’s programs and services.
- Ensure that the programs and services offered by CO.LAB contribute to the organization’s mission and reflect the priorities of the strategic plan.
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery of CO.LAB’s programs and services to maintain or improve quality.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of new ventures and special projects.
Human Resources Planning and Management
- Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery.
- Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices including the review and refinement, as necessary, of job descriptions for all staff.
- Recruit, interview and select staff that have the right technical and personal abilities to help further the organization’s mission.
- Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance.
Financial Planning and Management
- Work with staff and the Board to prepare a comprehensive budget.
- Work with the Board to secure adequate funding for CO.LAB’s operations.
- Research funding sources, oversee the development of fundraising plans and assist in the writing of funding proposals to meet budgeted goals.
- Participate in fundraising activities as appropriate.
- Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board.
- Ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed.
- Administer the funds of the organization according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the organization.
- Provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on CO.LAB’s revenues and expenditures.
- Ensure that CO.LAB complies with all regulatory and tax guidelines.
- Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization and to identify changes in the community served by CO.LAB.
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve CO.LAB’s strategic goals.
- Ensure that the CO.LAB is a resource to all members of the community interested in starting or growing a business.