We are so excited to announce the finalists for this year’s Will This Float?: Black Founders Edition, which will take place on Monday, Oct. 19 at 12 p.m. This year’s finalists are placed in one of two categories based off of revenue, and each category will have 1 winner that receives a $3,000 cash prize, as well as one company will walk away with $1,000 from the Audience Vote. Register to attend here.
- Ty Turner, Turner ATM — Formed in March 2020, this family-owned business partners with local businesses by providing ATM services.
- Jonathan Hardaway, SaF — A smart security company that is producing a smart delivery box that will secure and protect packages. Link to website: https://safdeliverybox.com/.
- Keelah Jackson-Harris and Jody Harris, Keeody Gallery — A husband and wife-owned establishment that houses art, hosts events and provides art and creative-related programming to the public via virtual and in-gallery platforms. Link to website: www.keeody.com.
- Chanté Knox, Deliver FemCare — A subscription based business that provides direct-to-door personalized period packages, once per month. Link to website: https://delivher.com
UP AND RUNNING CATEGORY
- Amber Woodruff, Little Giggles — A personal childcare company that provides drop-off care and in-home nanny care. Link to website: https://gigglegiven.com/.
- Brandon Ellis, Chatter Box Cafe — A southern wood-fired bbq restaurant and mobile catering company, competition bbq team, as well as a line of packaged spice blends and rubs. Link to website: https://www.chatterbox423.com/.
- Cassandra Tucker, Divine Purity — A self-care product line that uses aromatherapy to enhance mood and overall emotional well-being. Link to website: https://www.divinepuritynatural.com/.